I could bore you with my own personal history of birthday laments which may have led to this attitude... but I won't (you're welcome). Instead I'd love to hear your birthday memories.
1) What is the first birthday you remember? I was maybe 4 and had a doll cake. There was a plastic doll in the center and the cake was her dress. It was something like this.
2) Do you recall a favorite gift? Tin Can Alley. It was a game that used a light beam eye to shoot cans off of a fence. My grandmother did not think it was appropriate for a young lady to have. Oddly enough, I can't stand guns now.
3) Has anyone ever tried to surprise you for your birthday? Did it work? Was it fun? Nope. I have a birthday very close to Christmas, so it is impossible to have a party.
4) Do you have a favorite birthday dessert?
The Italian Orange Cream Cake in Southern Living.
The recipe is here: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/fresh-orange-italian-cream-cake-10000000522408/
5) Describe what would be your 'perfect birthday?'
Breakfast in bed, a walk on the beach, lots of cuddles with the cats, shopping for shoes, and a seafood or Italian dinner with the family.





6 comments:
That cake looks delicious as does the beach picture underneath it! Love the description of the perfect birthday.
Thanks for playing!
Yes, hard to have that independent celebration. My sister's birthday is Dec 17th and we never put the tree up etc until after that.
Cuddling with the cats...I'll take that everyday.
Would love to spend your perfect birthday with you...it sounds lovely!
such a gorgeous cake! and the doll cake is totally cute too ;)
loving the shoe shopping! EnJoy...
Ah, cake and the beach! And of course, cuddles with whatever brings you joy. I think half-birthday celebrations should become the norm for all December babies!
your cake, your perfect birthday--wonderful, and I love your pics, too. Thanks for playing!
Post a Comment